Thursday 27 December 2012

Sourcing for Places for Wedding Banquet. & Why I choose One Degree 15..

 
Below is the link from Singapore Brides and I think is quite useful =)

Steps to start :
1. When is your wedding date
2. Your estimated number of invited guests.
3. Choosing of hotels, restaurants and clubs
( Many hotels and some restaurants have minimum requirements which you have to fulfill before you can place your booking. Some of the hotels have different minimum requirements for weekday and weekend booking. The wedding package is usually more expensive for weekend booking than weekday. When you make your booking, you must also check the maximum capacity of the venue. )
4. Lastly which is the most important : Try your very best to bargain if you know is damn hard. 

Look out for wedding fair and some hotels always have wedding fair promotion. During those roadshows, they are able to throw more freebies and easier to bargain as they need your sales. 

I had my wedding banquet at One Degree 15 Sentosa Cove. How I arrive in my decision in booking this area. Firstly both my hubby and me want to have something diff from others. Initially we wanted to have beach wedding and instead of the normal boring wedding lunch or dinner banquets. We wanna to have bbq instead and free and easy. We been to many outdoor venues to see. Eg. A Bar at Paris Ris Park, Mana Mana Beach Club at East Coast, Keppel Bay etc. There are many factors to consider. The number of guests they can hold. Weather is the most important factor. Especially mine is in Dec. Super Rainy Season. To have tent to shelter, surprising is so expensive. While I am sourcing for my venue , I came across One Degree 15 online. I happen to know there is a roadshow at Dhoby Ghaut Green which is beside Dhoby Ghaut Mrt. One Degree 15 was there. I met Vincent which is the sales consultant I been liasing with. He is very nice to explain the package to me and what so special to sign on the spot. He even offers to drive us down to see the venue. The typical me, we did not sign on the spot. Neither we went down to see the venue. At the roadshow, we happen to know about other places like.. Raffles Marina . It is not at Marina or at Raffles. It is at TUAS ! LOL. The prices are attractive and they also provide bus services if I never remember wrongly. There is another place like Singapore Yacht Club.

Kyo and me, both of us took a day to drive down to One Degree 15 to take a look. When I reached that club. I only can say the carpark is HUGE ! There is no problem in parking your cars for your guests. I can even drive sway my car left and right. Haha . While we are walking from the carpark to the club, seeing all the yachts parking at the pier, you can see houses saturated area. I simply fall in love with the place. And know what my hubby says? He says ," Oh ic, this is the playground for the rich ." Haha ! 

Vincent is very friendly and nice. He guides us around the area and slowly introduce to us which area we can hold our wedding for solemisation and lunch/dinner. We love the outside venue. The Floating Platform. We wanted to have our special dinner there but that area can only hold 80 people sitting down and the rest have to stand. As for banquet indoor, they can hold maxi up to 37 tables. We was told we can solemisation outdoor whch is at the floating platform and we only need to pay additional $500 . 2 bad things are if you book the banquet indoor, they allow you to solemisation at the reception area which is shelter for free and if you choose to solemisation outdoor, even if rain, you still have to pay $500 as book that day and slot for you . Another option is to solemisation at Nova Room which is shelter. Quite a nice room which can see the sea view. It costs $500 too. We booked the banquet for dinner at their function room and also the floating platform at a later date . We did pay the $500 and only can pray super hard that day wont rain. 

Will tell you guy more about One Degree 15 in my next post =)


1 comment:

  1. Hi!!
    I came upon your blog while googling one degree 15. It is one of my shortlisted venue for solemnization & dinner as well! We are planning to hold it end of this year.
    Anyway, I saw your package and thought it would be great if we can do some package comparison to maximize what we get. :) you can drop me a mail at aaalicious@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete